My husband is the pancake cook in the house, and he made a new variety for us recently! He got the recipe for these Cornmeal Pancakes from our Joy of Cooking cookbook. We have never made anything from this very thorough cookbook that we didn't enjoy! There are many classic, standard recipes! (it's over 1000 pages) We drizzled honey on the pancakes, and they were super yummy!
1 cup white or yellow cornmeal
1 - 2 tablespoons honey, maple syrup, or sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup boiling water
1/2 cup milk
2 tablespoons butter, melted
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1. Combine the cornmeal, honey, and salt in a large bowl.
2. Slowly stir in the boiling water.
3. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes.
4. Add the milk, butter, and baking powder, and whisk well.
5. Add the egg, and whisk well.
6. Whisk the flour in with a few quick strokes.
7. Cook on a low-medium heat griddle, flipping as each side becomes lightly browned.