Monday, October 8, 2012

Peanut Butter Banana Anytime Smoothie

Hi everyone! Today's recipe is a smoothie that can be adapted to fit your busy schedule, and tastes! Smoothies are one of my favorite foods because it feels more like you're enjoying ice cream, they're healthy, and most of all-quick to make! 
I am about 33 weeks pregnant so a filling, healthy breakfast is a must. I made this smoothie using ingredients I already had on hand and my basic knowledge of what flavors/tastes I knew would go well together. I also ate this with my new favorite granola.
http://moneysavingmom.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/kashi.jpg 

Peanut Butter Banana Anytime Smoothie
Ingredients:
1 frozen banana (I like to slice one banana per freezer container and keep them frozen individually. That way they're ready to go for a smoothie!)
1/2 cup plain, non-fat yogurt (or Greek yogurt)
1/2 cup 2% milk
1/4 cup quick-cook oats
1 TB peanut butter (We eat Smucker's All-Natural)
1 cup ice

Directions: 
Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.
Enjoy!
Sara :)

No comments:

Post a Comment