Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta (Lighter)


Jana here with a really delicious, flavorful, quick meal!  My recipe was adapted from a version I found here.  I used whole wheat elbow macaroni, because that's what I already had in my pantry. (I like to 'shop my pantry' when I write my grocery list, even if it means making a few small changes to a recipe!)  I think penne, or any small(ish) pasta would be great in this recipe!  I cooked sliced bacon, but I think if you purchased *real* bacon pieces that come in a bag, it would be good also!

Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta (Lighter)

8 ounces whole wheat pasta
4 slices bacon, diced
1 tablespoon butter (or olive oil)
1 cup chicken breast, cubed
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1/2 package ranch dressing mix
1 cup fat free milk
1/2 cup fat free cheese, shredded (I used monterey jack, but cheddar would be good also!)

1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.

2. In the meantime, cook bacon in medium skillet until crisp. Drain on paper towels, and drain bacon drippings from pan.

3. Add the butter to the medium skillet, and cook the chicken until tender and no longer pink. (it should be starting to brown when done)

4. Sprinkle the flour and ranch dressing over the chicken, stirring to coat.

5. Add the milk, and cook, stirring occasionally until thick and bubbly. Add the cheese and bacon, and stir until the cheese has melted. 

6. Add the cooked pasta to the sauce, stirring to combine.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment