Thursday, January 31, 2013

Valentine's Day Ideas

Becca here with a quick interruption in the 'freezer friendly' series I'm going to be continuing the next few weeks on Tuesdays & Thursdays.  With Valentine's Day being two weeks from today, I thought I'd share a few of my favorite ideas.  All of them are quick & easy, but have great end results!  Enjoy!

Celery Stamped 'Rose' Valentines

DIY Personalized Foaming Soap Bottles (FYI, a full year later, our still look great & have been refilled many times!!)

Dark Hot Chocolate Mix

Here are several more creative gift & packaging ideas. 

And, there's always the DIY Valentine's Basket option that we're doing this year.  I spent about 3 minutes punching hearts out of "Valentinesy" paper, and added them to a basket with glue sticks, blank cards & envelopes (half price from the $1 spot at Target last year!), and some stickers that coordinated.  The older kids sat at the table while I finished dinner & made a few each, using the markers, colored pencils, etc. that are always available.  I put the basket away for the night, and will pull it out again over the next week or so when they need something constructive to do to keep busy (and out of trouble)!




No comments:

Post a Comment