Monday, February 25, 2013

Favorite Cookbook(s)!

Hi everyone!  Growing up I remember my mom always asking for dinner suggestions as she made her weekly menu.  I was spoiled/blessed because my mom cooked delicious meals seven days a week!  As I've gotten older and now make my own weekly menu I can totally see why my mom was wanting suggestions!  I love collecting recipes because it's a thrill to me to look through my collection and pick out the menu each week.  Without a source of inspiration I'm afraid we would probably eat the same boring things over and over!

Of course, Pinterest is all the rage right now and I encourage you to pin our recipes!  But today, let's take a look at some favorite cookbooks of mine.  I have quite a few, but each of these are near and dear to my heart for different reasons.

Let's start with the bottom cookbook, What Katie Ate.  This cookbook is absolutely gorgeous!  I've mentioned it on the blog before because of it's awesome photography.  The author uses fresh, wholesome ingredients.  This isn't a processed cookbook at all!  It encourages eating seasonally and each recipe leaves me drooling!  This is food at it's finest folks.

Next up we have Help! My Apartment has a Kitchen.  I received this from my sweet Grandma way back when, during the days of single living in a condo. It has really basic recipes with few ingredients that are tasty!  It taught me so much as I learned to cook on my own and provides many staple recipes I can go back to again and again.

Last, is Sugar Pie and Jelly Roll, a delightful book filled with original watercolor illustrations as well as delicious recipes for baked goods!  This book has my favorite pie recipe (ever) in it, chocolate chess pie.  It is beautiful to look at and I have been so pleased with each dessert I've made from it so far!  I've had this cookbook since college, so that's saying a lot.

Now it's your turn to share!  What is your favorite cookbook? 

No comments:

Post a Comment