Monday, March 25, 2013

Loaded Baked Sweet Potato

I am so excited to share this delicious recipe with you today!  This has seriously been one of the best meatless meals I've prepared lately.  My dear husband even thought so!  I fixed these with roasted zucchini and chickpeas on the side.  Really though, I don't even think the side was necessary!  These were so filling my husband wasn't even able to finish his potato.  The best part-these are bursting with flavor!  I hope you'll give them a try.  The black bean mixture on the top also tastes great as a nacho topping, which I discovered the next day with the leftovers.
*I modified this recipe!

Loaded Baked Sweet Potato-Serves 2, or cut in half to serve 4 as a side dish
Ingredients:
2 large sweet potatoes
1/2 cup plain Greek Yogurt (fat-free)
1 tsp. taco seasoning
1 tsp. olive oil
1/2 cup roasted red bell peppers (I used the jarred kind, found on the olive aisle!)
1/2 red onion, diced
1 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. cumin
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 small can green chilies

Toppings: (use amount you prefer!)
Green onions
Cheese
Verde salsa (green salsa)
Sea Salt

Directions:
1.) Bake sweet potatoes in your microwave.
2.) Heat oil in large saucepan.  Add red bell peppers, onion, spices, black beans, and green chilies.  Cook until heated through and onions begin to soften.
3.)  Mix Greek Yogurt with taco seasoning and stir well!
4.)  Assemble sweet potatoes.  Cut open baked sweet potatoes and top with bean mixture.  Then add cheese, green onions, Greek Yogurt topping, salsa, and a light sprinkle of sea salt on top.

Happy Eating!
Sara



No comments:

Post a Comment