Friday, March 1, 2013

White Bean and Sausage Rigatoni


Jana here with one of the yummiest and fastest recipe I've ever posted!  This seriously comes together in minutes, and is really good!  I found it in my Better Homes and Gardens cookbook that I've had for years.  The recipe said it was fast, and it definitely is!  The combination of flavors was different from anything I'd had before, and I will be making this one many more times!

White Bean and Sausage Rigatoni

2 cups dried rigatoni (I used whole wheat penne because that's what I had on hand...'shop' your pantry!)
1 can white beans (15 ounces) - Great Northern, navy beans, or cannellini - rinsed and drained
1 can Italian style stewed tomatoes (14.5 ounce), undrained
8 ounces cooked smoked turkey sausage, cut in 1/2 inch slices
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, and return pasta to saucepan.

2. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine beans, undrained tomatoes, sausage, and dried basil.  Cook and stir, until heated through.

3. Combine pasta and bean mixture, stirring gently to combine.  Top with cheese.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Cool! This is something all the boys in my house will eat! And easy and I almost always have all of this on hand. Yay! Love you guys' blog... :)

    ReplyDelete