Monday, April 22, 2013

Honey-Roasted Turnips

Hi there!  I'm thrilled to say we have been trying new veggies around our house lately and so far, so good.  We recently had honey-roasted turnips.  I've never had a turnip before (not that I can recall at least) and I was very pleased with the end result!  Plus, they were easy to prepare.  That is my kind of side dish!  We ate the turnips with pork chops and kale so overall it was a filling, tasty meal.  My almost two-year old didn't like the turnips as much as I did but she still tried them. I hope you'll give these a try!

Honey-Roasted Turnips
Ingredients:
1 lb. turnips, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
3 TB honey
3 TB unsalted butter, melted
1/4 tsp. salt or sea salt

Directions:
1.) Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Preheat an ungreased cookie sheet for five minutes in the oven after it has reached 400 degrees.
2.) Spread turnips in hot pan and drizzle with 3 TB honey and melted butter. Sprinkle with salt.
3.) Bake uncovered for 35-40 minutes, stirring once halfway through the cooking time.
4.) If desired, drizzle more honey on turnips after roasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment