Jana here with a recipe that will help you if you have excess zucchini from your garden! This recipe that I found on food.com is made from whole wheat flour, and also uses double the zucchini as some other zucchini bread recipes. The texture was great on the finished product...very moist, and delicious!
Whole Wheat Zucchini Bread
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 1/4 cups shredded zucchini (about 2 medium-sized zucchini)
1/4 cup oil (or applesauce)
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix all dry ingredients in a medium size bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, mix eggs, zucchini, oil, and vanilla.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry, stirring until combined.
5. Add to greased loaf pan.
6. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.