Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Caesar Salad Dressing

Becca here with a recipe that I'm excited to share with you!  I love a good Caesar Salad, but finding a Caesar Salad Dressing recipe that doesn't call for raw eggs, or anchovies, or both, is rare.  And since this calls for neither, it's probably not truly authentic then, but it has a great Caesar Salad Dressing taste, and uses ingredients that you likely already have in your pantry and refrigerator!  It has the classic creamy but tangy, and makes a nice amount of dressing; perfect to be eaten in a week or two left in the refrigerator, or for dressing a large salad when you have company over.  I did some experimenting & did tweak it a bit to suit my tastes, but the original recipe was from Clean Eating for Busy Families.  Enjoy!

1/2 cup mayonnaise (I use olive oil or Veganaise)
1 1/2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard (I use Grey Poupon)
5 Tablespoons lemon juice
2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon salt (I use Real Salt)
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
2 Tablespoons olive oil (I use organic extra virgin olive oil)

Combine all in lidded container (I use a pint mason jar for salad dressings) and stir or shake well to combine.

Stir in the refrigerator for 1-2 weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment