Wednesday, December 18, 2013

{Simple} Lemon Sugar Scrub

Becca here with a really great quick gift idea for giving, or for yourself!  Even though it technically isn't winter for another few days yet, we've already had one significant snow storm here, and the cold weather has started drying our skin out.  This scrub is a terrific way to exfoliate and moisturize your skin, and uses completely all natural, grocery store items!  In fact, you could eat it with a spoon, although I wouldn't recommend it :)  It also makes a great gift, as I made here, in little canning jars.  Here is a huge collection of free printable canning jar labels, one of which I printed on yellow paper to label my scrub with!  My daughter in particular is a huge fan of this scrub, and says that not since she was a newborn has her skin been this soft.  This recipe will make 4 of the small, 4 ounce, canning jar size for gifts.  If you're going to be storing it long-term, refrigeration would be best.  I just leave a few ounces out a time.  The natural citrus smell is such a great, refreshing smell, especially in the winter, and good citrus is readily available.  I used Meyer Lemons, but your favorite kind of lemon or lime would be great too!  Enjoy!

{Simple} Lemon Sugar Scrub

1 cup oil (your favorite kind - olive, coconut, vegetable, etc.)
2 cups sugar (again, your favorite kind! white, organic, etc.)
1 lemon (Meyer, a lime, or regular lemon!)

Place oil and sugar in a large bowl.  Add the zest of your lemon, then the juice of the lemon.  Stir well to combine.  Store in small airtight containers to use soon, or in refrigerator for long term storage!

2 comments:

  1. Great idea, especially since I have been looking for a simple scrub that doesn't have ingredients I'm allergic to. I will give this a try.

    ReplyDelete