Monday, December 9, 2013

Vintage Pastel Bday Party Decor


Hi everyone!  My youngest daughter recently celebrated her FIRST birthday!  What an exciting time for our family.  We wanted to celebrate her in style and so I decided to create a table-scape with vintage, pastel details.  I'm excited to share them with you today!
 
For the backdrop I created a fabric garland by cutting up a vintage sheet, and then tying the strips of fabric onto a piece of string.  The pom-pom garland is something I purchased at a handmade market and layered on top of the sheet garland.  I conveniently hung both of these up on the curtain rod in our dining room, creating a nice party backdrop!

The centerpiece was created with a round wood slice my husband cut for me.  I then added a vintage Mason Jar, small vase from the Target $1 spot a couple of years back, some vintage books, a few sewing pattern flowers (handmade by me), and a deer ornament from Target (this year!).

Last, the tablecloth was actually a drape I found for $1 at a local thrift store.  I was so pleased with how this simple, sweet party decor turned out.  I hope you're inspired to gather some of your favorite items to create your own unique party table!
Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment