Jana here with an 'encore recipe'! I originally posted this recipe a year and a half ago, and we have eaten it several times since then! It is easy to make, the kids love it, and it's healthy! If you give it a try, leave a comment and let us know!
Ground Beef Risotto
1 pound lean ground beef (or turkey)
1/4 cup chopped onion
2 cloves minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 cup uncooked rice (I used brown rice)
3 1/2 cups beef broth (from 32 ounce container)
1/2 cup shredded carrot
1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1. In a medium skillet, cook beef, onion, garlic, and pepper ove medium heat. Cook until the beef is browned. Drain if necessary.
2. Stir in rice. Cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
3. Stir in broth, and heat to boiling. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Stir in carrot. Cook uncovered for 5-7 minutes, or until most liquid is absorbed.
5. Remove skillet from heat, and stir in cheese. Cover, let stand for 3 minutes.