Monday, March 3, 2014

Best Homemade Biscuits


Are biscuits common around your house? I admit to almost never making them. Before now!  Where this post lacks in an intriguing title it MORE than makes up for in taste.  I have eaten a lot of biscuits, a lot of ways in my life.  These, by far, are my favorite! They are so good and so easy.  I even got to cut the biscuits out with a can.  I mean, how old-fashioned and lovely is that?! 

Best Homemade Biscuits
Ingredients:
2 cups flour
2 TB sugar
3 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1/3 cup EVOO
2/3 cup whole milk

Directions:
Preheat oven to 475 degrees.  Mix all of the dry ingredients together.  Put the oil in a small bowl and pour the milk in but don't mix the two.  Then, add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix well.  Form a ball of dough with your hands and lay it between two sheets of foil.  Roll out the dough to your desired thickness.  Cut out biscuit shape with a cookie cutter or can.  Bake for 10 to 12 minutes on a cookie sheet.  

Enjoy!! 
Sara 


No comments:

Post a Comment