Monday, March 17, 2014

Roasted mushroom, red onion, and chickpeas


I love it when a dish is "born" or created out of necessity and then it actually tastes good (like really good) too!  That is exactly how this little side dish came to be.  One weekend recently we had gorgeous weather and all decided to spend the afternoon together in the garden.  It was glorious and fun, but meant I got a late start on dinner.  I quickly looked to see what vegetables we had that I could make a side with.  I ended up combining mushrooms, red onion, and chickpeas together with some spices and roasted them.  The result was a delicious, very quick and easy, side dish!  My girls really liked this one too!  An extra bonus.

Roasted mushroom, red onion, and chickpeas

Ingredients: 
8 oz. pack sliced mushroom
1 can chickpeas
1 red onion, diced
1-2 TB EVOO (extra-virgin olive oil)
spices of your choice (I prefer garlic powder, and an italian seasoning mix)

Directions:
1.) Combine the mushrooms, rinsed chickpeas, red onion, and spices in a bowl.  Add 1 or 2 TB of EVOO and mix well.  
2.)  Pour mixture into a glass cooking pan and roast until slightly crispy, around 20-25 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment