Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Best of the Best!

Becca here with a "Best of the Best" post!  We moved (again) this past weekend, so I haven't cooked anything creative or new this week, I've been doing good to keep all six members of my family fed three times a day (side note, fixing 18 plates a day not even counting snacks is a lot of work!), so I thought it would be fun to do a post of my favorite recipes that I use again and again.  Some of them are going way back in the archives, so they may be new to you if you haven't been reading since we started Thrice the Spice 2.5 years ago.  I also have a super fun giveaway for next week, so check back on Wednesday to see how you can get entered to win!




Favorite Snack:  Perfect Popcorn (Brown Paper Bag Method!) This was one of the first recipes I ever posted here, and is a definite staple at our house, we make it several times a week for a quick, cheap, and healthy snack!  My kids had 'regular' microwave popcorn for the first time when we were staying at a hotel last week during the move transition time, and didn't even think it tasted good after eating this brown bag popcorn their whole lives!




Favorite Delicious and Thrifty Staple:  Slow Cooker Easy Chicken and Stock Again, going back two years to another recipe that I make several times a month; a whole chicken, even the 'better' chicken is 1.49 a pound at our local Sam's Club, so this is a super economical and tasty way to get meat for several meals, as well as a lot of chicken stock!  Or, to change things up a bit, I also make chicken in the slow cooker using this recipe Rotisserie Style Bbq Chicken sometimes too.


Favorite Freezer Recipes I Try to Always Keep:  Taco Pasta Bake and Stroganoff Meatballs,


Favorite Super Quick Breakfast my Kids Still Think are a Treat:  Hearty and Healthy Breakfast Cookies are usually in my freezer also.


Super Quick and Easy and Great for Company for Dinner Favorites:  Swimming Rama is one of my husband's very favorite dinners, and I love to serve a big bowl of greens for salad, with various toppings so people can choose what to put on theirs themselves, with a homemade salad dressing or two, like Caesar, or Apple Vinaigrette.


Favorite Salad for Dinner:  Cashew Chicken Mango Salad


Favorite Rice Side Dish:  Rice Chantilly

Favorite Way to Clean out the Fridge & Have a Great Dinner:  Cross Family Fried Rice




What are some of your 'best of the best' or standard family recipes?









No comments:

Post a Comment