Monday, April 21, 2014

Roasted Veggie and Bacon Quinoa Bowls!

Hi everyone!  Are you on Instagram?  I am and love it!  I follow several ladies who always post the tastiest looking food.  The good news is it's always real food!  Not something processed that will taste good for a minute and then give you a tummy ache.  One of the sweet ladies I follow has six boys! Can you imagine?  I cannot.  She posted a recipe one night that she had made up herself and I decided to make my own version for our family.  I wish I could properly tell you how good this bowl of food is.  I mean, it's really good.  I could go for one right now!  It's also very easy to throw together and I like that.  
This bowl of goodness is a mixture of quinoa, roasted vegetables, cheese, and crumbled bacon.  All drizzled with balsamic vinegar!  If you are really big on watching calories you could always leave the bacon and cheese out and I still think it would taste delicious! (but seriously, you should try it with the bacon and cheese)

For the quinoa I used this box which was a mixture of quinoa and brown rice and also came with a seasoning packet.  A bit more processed than we usually do here so next time I think I'll just buy plain quinoa and season it myself! 

Roasted Veggie and Bacon Quinoa Bowls
Ingredients:
1 bunch asparagus
2 or 3 sweet potatoes
EVOO
Grated parmesan cheese (the real kind, not the shaker processed kind)
Bacon
Balsamic Vinegar
Quinoa

Directions: 
Preheat the oven to 420 degrees.  Chop or dice the asparagus and sweet potato and roast 'till slightly crispy.  

Cook bacon and quinoa while the vegetables roast. 

After vegetables are done, assemble the bowls.  Put quinoa, sweet potato, and asparagus in bowls first, then top with crumbled bacon, cheese, and as much balsamic vinegar as you like! 

I hope you enjoy this! My little girls and husband really liked this meal too! 
Sara 



No comments:

Post a Comment