Thursday, April 26, 2012

BLUEberry Pancakes


Becca here with a recipe that actually came about quite by accident.  I had my kids in the kitchen helping me make what these amazing blueberry muffins when I wasn't paying attention and the blueberries ended up in the blender with the batter.  Oops!  So we decided to make blueberry pancakes out of our mistake.  I added an extra egg, fired up the griddle, and we were good to go.  The kids loved the very blue color of the pancakes, and they actually tasted really good!  I refrigerate the leftovers, and then heated them up in the toaster the next day.  Enjoy!

BLUEberry Pancakes

2 1/2 cups old-fashioned oatmeal
1 cup plain Greek Yogurt
3 large eggs
3/4 cup sugar (I use cane sugar, kind that isn't processed much, not bleached, etc.)
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 cups blueberries, divided (I used frozen since it's not blueberry pickin' time quite yet here :)

Start griddle heating at 350. 

Combine all ingredients in blender, and blend until thoroughly mixed. 
Pour batter from the blender onto the hot griddle. (I like to add a bit of butter to the griddle first). 

When pancakes begin to have air bubbles, flip for another few seconds until they are golden brown on both sides.

No comments:

Post a Comment