Friday, January 18, 2013

Avocado Hummus


Jana here with a really tasty snack idea!  I posted another recipe for hummus last year. That one was more of a basic hummus, that would go well with any vegetable, cracker, or even as a spread on a sandwich. When I ran across this recipe for Avocado Hummus, I knew I wanted to try it!  It combines two of my favorite things: avocado and dips! The avocado hummus uses white beans, so it has a very smooth texture. This recipe is so easy to make. It literally took me under 5 minutes, and was really yummy!  Let us know in the comments your favorite thing to eat hummus on or with!

Avocado Hummus

1 can (14.5 ounce) white beans, drained
1 avocado, cubed
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon chili powder

1. Put all ingredients in a food processor or blender. Process until well combined and smooth!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment