Friday, April 12, 2013

Cheesy Quinoa Bake



Jana here with another super yummy quinoa recipe!  If you haven't tried quinoa yet, I really urge you to!  I think it is so delicious, and you can't beat the health benefits!  It is a complete protein, and tastes good so many different ways.  When I saw this recipe that was quinoa that tasted similar to macaroni and cheese, I knew I had to try it!  I will definitely be making this over and over!  It was very filling, flavorful, and easy to make!

Cheesy Quinoa Bake

1 cup quinoa (uncooked)
2 cups chicken broth
4 ounces cream cheese (I used the kind with less fat)
1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
salt and pepper to taste


1. In a medium saucepan, combine the quinoa and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer for approximately 15 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed.

2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Stir in the rest of the ingredients, with the exception of some grated cheddar cheese to sprinkle on top.

3. Spread into a baking dish. Sprinkle with grated cheese.  Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Making this tonight!! Our first try at quinoa. We're late!

    ReplyDelete