Monday, April 29, 2013

DIY Backyard Brunch



Hi everyone!  Do you remember the DIY silverware holders I posted a while back? You can find them here. Today I thought I'd give you a look at the brunch I hosted, where the silverware holders were used!  This was a smallish gathering I held in my back yard on a table made from old fence boards and two sawhorses.  Doesn't get any easier than that!  We gathered chairs from the porch and inside and assembled them around the table.

The table decor was so easy to put together, once I had my ideas in place.  I wrapped the drinking glasses (which were saved from my own kitchen) with chevron duct tape, found in the $1 section at Target.  I used striped straws (also found at Target, on the party aisle) for the glasses as well.  The dishes are my best china, which I received at my wedding.  The centerpiece was a red bud branch cut the night before and placed in a decorated tomato juice can.

The food table was also easy to decorate.  I placed the "Rosy Retreat" (the name of the brunch, the name came from my personal blog The Rosy Life) sign on the chalkboard to be the focal point.  I created height on the table with stacks of books, and the vintage yellow suitcase.

This was a potluck brunch so everyone simply brought their food and placed it on the front of the table!  Easy and delicious. :)

I hope you'll be inspired to try a backyard brunch of your own!
Sara

1 comment:

  1. Good to know about this backyard brunch. I am planning to arrange a dinner party with my friends and searching for best venue Houston TX. Got to know about few venues online and hope to book a perfect one soon.

    ReplyDelete