Friday, April 4, 2014

Cheeseburger Quesadilla



Jana here with a recipe that's not 'fancy', but is definitely yummy!  When I'm meal planning, I start by thinking of the meat/protein that I want my meal to have. Then, I decide on accompanying vegetables, etc. So one night I knew I wanted ground beef (or turkey/venison) for our meal, but wanted something new and different. I saw this recipe on Pinterest, and decided it was definitely worth a try!  These were very good, and we will be having them again and again!

Cheeseburger Quesadillas

1 pound ground beef
1 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
2 tablespoons Worchestershire sauce
1/4 cup ketchup
1/4 cup real bacon pieces or chopped bacon
salt and pepper to taste
2 teaspoons onion powder
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
4-6 large tortillas

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Add the onions, and allow them to cook for 5-7 minutes. (until transparent) Add the beef, and cook until no longer pink.

2. Add the Worchestershire sauce, ketchup, and bacon to the beef. Stir in the salt and pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Allow to simmer for several minutes.

3. On a large baking sheet, place the tortillas. Place some of the beef mixture on half of each tortilla, then top with shredded cheese. Brush the top of each tortilla with oil.

4. Bake for approximately 15 minutes.

Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness these look AMAZING! I will have to give them a try! :)

    ReplyDelete