Wednesday, September 18, 2013

3-Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies {gluten & dairy free}


Becca here with a recipe that I'm sure will become a regular in your family's treat rotation!  In fact, as I was making these the other day, I thought I'd double check and make sure that I had posted the recipe, and was shocked to see that I hadn't yet! 

By the way, if you haven't checked out our 'search' box, you're missing out!  It is just under the "About the Sisters" on the right sidebar, and you can search by ingredient, recipe title, keyword, etc., making it super convenient to find what you're looking for, it's my most-often-used feature of our website! 

Back to the recipe, I've been making it for many years, it's super convenient, and makes a perfect sized amount of cookies, an even dozen.  The cookies have a great texture, you would never guess that they are made with just 3 ingredients and are flourless.  It's also a great recipe to have kids help with, since there are only three ingredients that are easy to remember and measure, and even the youngest ones can help making the crisscross marks with a fork and sprinkling sugar on top!  I use organic no sugar added (100% peanuts only) peanut butter, so I think other nut or seed butters (such as almond or sunflower) would yield a good result also, as several readers have reported great results with these peanut-free substitutions in the always popular Breakfast Cookies and Powerballs.  Enjoy!

1 cup peanut butter (I use organic, 100% peanuts, no sugar added)
1 cup sugar (I use free trade organic)
1 large egg
Additional Sugar for sprinkling on top, optional

Preheat oven to 350.

In a large bowl, stir all ingredients well to combine thoroughly.

Drop by large spoonfuls onto silpat or parchment paper lined cookie sheet.  I usually make 12.

Use a fork to smash down in perpendicular directions to get the classic crisscross look and flatten the cookies a bit.

Sprinkle with sugar, if desired.

Bake at 350 for just 6-8 minutes, or until edges are just barely starting to turn a light golden brown.  You don't want to overbake or get an actual browning going, they get dry and crumbly that way. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment