Monday, October 7, 2013

Corn Husk Wreath

Hi everyone!  Happy Fall!  Can you believe it's October already?  Today's DIY project is a fun, very easy, very inexpensive project to get your creative juices flowing!  Sometimes I like to wander around the grocery store and see what things I can find to use as a prop or in a craft project.  And that's just how I happened upon these corn husks.  I don't remember the exact price of them but I believe they were under $3 (maybe even less than that!) for the whole pack.  I scooped them up, knowing there were dozens of possibilities for them.  To start, I decided to make a wreath out of them. 
First I cut a small cardboard circle out of some scrap cardboard I had laying around. 
Next I stapled the individual corn husks around the perimeter of the circle.  I overlapped them a bit and once the whole circle had been filled in with corn husks I stapled another round of husks on top, creating an overlapped type of look.
I decided I didn't like the look of the staples showing so I took long strips of fabric and wrapped them around the middle of the wreath shape.  There wasn't any rhyme or reason to me doing this, I basically wove the fabric in and out of the corn husks.
And this is my finished result!  I hung it up above our bed with a thumb tack.  I think it looks lovely!  This would also look great on your front door as well.  

Send us a picture (thricethespice@yahoo.com) if you make one of your own! 
Sara :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment